Tired of flipping pancakes every Sunday morning? Make them on a sheet pan, instead! Sheet Pan Pancakes are WAY easier than regular pancakes and just as delicious!
Pancakes are a household favorite on the weekends in our family. There’s just one big and obvious problem with serving pancakes – they take forever to make and are never done at the same time. What’s a mom to do when she just wants to sit down and eat breakfast with her family?! The solution to this brunch-time problem: sheet pan pancakes!
Pancakes On A Sheet Pan
At first I was a little skeptical of this idea of pancakes baked in a sheet pan. Would they really satisfy that pancake craving? Spoiler alert: they definitely did not disappoint!
These sheet pan pancakes were SO much easier than traditional pancakes, still fluffy and delicious, and everyone could be served at the same time. Oh and mom didn’t have to spend the entire breakfast standing over the stove making everyone’s pancakes to order – that’s the real winner here!
Ingredients in Sheet Pan Pancakes
The batter of these sheet pan pancakes is very similar to regular pancakes, made of flour, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. The one difference is the addition of cornstarch, which helps keep the light and fluffy texture of pancakes.
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Pancakes
There are some key steps to making sure these pancakes turn out amazing. First, you want to generously butter the baking sheet. This gives a buttery flavor to the bottom side and also makes sure they don’t stick to the baking sheet.
I used a 13”x17” baking dish, so you will want to use something similar to make sure the baking time is equal or at least similar. Since the batter is spread so thin, they bake up quickly and evenly.
After the pancakes are baked for 12-14 minutes, they are spread with melted butter and then broiled to get a nice golden brown top and more delicious butter flavor.
Toppings for Sheet Pan Pancakes
As with any pancakes, the toppings are limitless with these pancakes! We loved ours topped with fresh cut strawberries and maple syrup. Blueberries, bananas, whipped cream, and chocolate chips would also be delicious!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Sheet Pan Pancakes
For Greasing the Pan:
- 2 tbsp butter
For the Pancakes:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 17x13” (or similar) baking sheet with 2 tbsp butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Pour into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, until the middle is set.
- Brush with 2 tbsp of melted butter and broil until golden brown. Be sure to watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!