Sesame Ginger Salmon Burgers are a flavorful and easy salmon burger recipe, topped with Ginger Sriracha Mayonnaise and Avocado Cucumber Salsa!
We love eating fish in our house, but I often run out of ideas for how to make it taste good. We love a good lemon butter on top of salmon, but recently I was craving a salmon burger. I imagined these Sesame Ginger Salmon Burgers being more difficult to make than they really were. They were surprisingly easy! Best yet, they were super delicious.
These Sesame Salmon Burgers are made with fresh salmon, not canned. You can definitely use canned in a pinch, but I think fresh is best in this case. I started with skin-on salmon, which meant I had to skin it myself. Taking the skin off salmon isn’t too difficult, especially if you have a good knife. I simply started at one end and sort of shaved the skin off.
After the salmon meat is cut from the skin, you’ll want to make sure all of the bones are out. If they are, then you’re ready to go! The salmon is chopped up pretty finely. I did this with a knife but you could also utilize a food processor and pulse the raw salmon until it’s finely chopped – but not pureed!
How to Make Sesame Ginger Salmon Burgers
The salmon is combined with a mixture of Panko bread crumbs, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions and white sesame seeds, and them formed into patties. I find that salmon burgers do best if they have some time to chill in the fridge before they are cooked. They only need about 30 minutes in the fridge, but you could also make them ahead of time to make dinnertime prep easier!
While the salmon burgers are chilling, I like to make the Ginger Mayonnaise and the Avocado Cucumber Salsa. The mayonnaise is made with mayo, fresh ginger, and Sriracha. Super easy and flavorful! The avocado cucumber salsa is a simple but delicious combination of diced cucumber, avocado, lime juice, green onion, and salt.
The salmon burger mixture is formed into four patties, and are cooked for about 4 minutes on each side. To assemble the burgers, top with the ginger mayo and cucumber salsa, and serve on a bun!
These salmon burgers were seriously SO amazing! The combination of flavors was incredible. They were definitely the best salmon burgers I’ve ever made!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Sesame Ginger Salmon Burgers
- 1.5 lbs fresh salmon
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Ginger Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
Avocado Cucumber Salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 green onion, diced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- dash of salt
- If the salmon has skin on it, carefully remove it. Do it by using a sharp knife and cutting the salmon meat away from the skin.
- Finely chop the salmon. You can do this with a knife or by pulsing it in a food processor until it is finely chopped. It shouldn't be pureed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped salmon, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Form the mixture into four patties and place on a plate. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- While they are chilling, you can make the mayo and salsa.
Ginger Sriracha Mayonnaise:
- Combine the mayonnaise, ginger, and Sriracha in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Avocado Cucumber Salsa:
- In a bowl, add the avocado, cucumber, green onion, lime juice, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
To Cook the Salmon Burgers:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon patties and cook on each side for about 4 minutes. The outside should be golden and the inside should be cooked through.
- Serve on buns topped with ginger Sriracha mayo and avocado cucumber salsa.