It’s no secret that one-skillet meals are wildly popular right now. What’s better than cooking dinner, in less than 30 minutes, and dirtying no more than one dish? Not much.
This Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Skillet fits that bill. The sausage gets sautéed with an onion, and to that you add a can of cannellini beans and kale. Once that’s cooked, throw on some breadcrumbs and cheese, pop it in the oven for a couple of minutes to get it all melted and voila! Dinner is ready.
I used chicken sausage when making this, but you can use whatever your favorite sausage is. I can see this being delicious with hot Italian sausage and andouille sausage, too.
Now that we’re on week two of Simple Saturday, I want your input. What meal would you like to see simplified into 7 ingredients or less OR ready in less than 30 minutes? Tell me in the comments below!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 4 chicken sausage links removed from casings or cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 14 oz can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups raw chopped kale
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese Havarti, Asiago, Mozzarella, and Gouda would all work well
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place olive oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add beans, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt or garlic salt.
- Add kale, and stir, cooking until wilted. I put a lid on mine for ~1 minute to "steam" it.
- Top with bread crumbs and shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!