Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Tacos are a flavor-filled and fun vegetarian dinner that is sure to please!
I know it’s not Taco Tuesday yet, but I just couldn’t wait to share this recipe for Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Tacos with you. Plus this way, you now have this recipe and are prepared for Taco Tuesday! Woohoo!
I couldn’t wait to share this vegetarian taco recipe because we loved these veggie tacos SO much. I mean, I knew I would love them. I love roasted veggies and I loooooove tacos, so the combination was a no-brainer. I didn’t expect Marc to love them so much, though, given they are meatless but alas. The man continues to surprise me with his enjoyment of vegetables! I was so thrilled that the boys chowed down on them, too! Soren kept asking for “mo!”
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos
These Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos are one of those dishes that will seem like it was a lot of work when I *promise* you, it won’t be. The prep is divided into two parts: prepping and roasting the veggies, and making the slaw on top.
So first, the veggies. The prep simply involves chopping up the cauliflower and sweet potato into bite-sized pieces. If you want to make this step even easier – get the pre-chopped veggies! I’ve seen both cauliflower and sweet potato pre-chopped at Whole Foods and Target.
Then you will toss the veggies in a combination of olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and sea salt. You can do this a number of ways. One way is to put the veggies in a large bowl and toss with the oil and spices. Then evenly distribute the seasoned and oiled veggies onto a couple of prepped baking sheets. The same goes with putting the veggies in a couple of large plastic baggies and tossing in the spices and oils.
The way that I prefer (because it involves getting one less bowl messy and not wasting plastic bags) is to put the veggies on a couple of baking sheets, drizzle with the spices and oils, and gently toss it all on the baking sheets.
Once that step is done, you simply put the baking sheets in the oven for the veggies to roast for 40-45 minutes.
Time for the Slaw!
Now it’s time to make the slaw. This creamy cilantro lime coleslaw is very similar to the slaw that I have in my cookbook, Cooking for Two, in the recipe for Chickpea Tacos. It’s so easy and SO flavorful! The only thing I did different is that I added cumin.
And that’s it! Once the veggies are roasted, you just assemble! We stuffed ours into warm flour tortillas. These Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos are so tasty and will definitely be our go-to vegetarian Taco Tuesday from now on!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Roasted Vegetable and Black Bean Tacos from Gimme Some Oven
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil (optional, but it helps with clean up!) and spray with cooking spray.
- Place vegetables on prepared baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt. Drizzle mixture evenly over the vegetables and toss them to combine. It's easiest to do this with hands.
- Place in oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, swapping them halfway through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the creamy cilantro lime slaw.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the colelsaw mix, cilantro, mayo, Greek yogurt, lime juice, cumin, and salt.
- To serve, stuff tortillas with roasted veggies and top with slaw.