This Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing is wonderful as either a side dish, a veggie-filled lunch, or even a light dinner!
Heyo! Happy Monday. We are getting a big ‘ol snow storm today and I have to say, I’m pretty darn excited about it. That’s mainly because we don’t really have anywhere to go today, so I don’t have to drive anywhere. I can just stay in my cozy pants, make a big cup of tea, and watch that snow fall down. Also, I love a fresh coating of snow to make the streets pretty again.
I think another reason I’m excited is because Lars is SUPER excited. He would not stop talking about the snowstorm and how he wanted to build another Frosty the Snowman last night. He kept saying “big snowstorm fall from sky mama!” I guess his excitement was contagious! Plus – COZY PANTS you guys. I’m all about any reason to stay in my cozy pants all day.
But enough about snow and onto this recipe. Today I have a super delicious salad recipe for you that has ZERO lettuce in it. Just a ton of delicious roasted veggies and an even tastier dressing.
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
I don’t even know what to say the main star in this Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing. At first I thought roasted cauliflower but then NO the sweet potatoes are also amazing. But let’s not forget about those tasty little roasted spiced chickpeas and onions. And who could forget about the lemon tahini dressing?! It’s ALL just so tasty and they all work together so well!
I’ve made this salad a couple of times and it’s wonderful as a lighter side dish, a veggie-filled lunch, or even a light dinner! I will say, it is definitely best the first day. After that, the chickpeas tend to dry out a bit and are just not quite as good as the first day.
And make sure to follow me on Pinterest for many other delicious ideas!
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad with Lemon Tahini DressingPrint Rate
For the Veggies:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- On one baking sheet, place cauliflower and sweet potato.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper and toss around to evenly distribute.
- On second baking sheet, add chickpeas and red onion.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place baking sheet with cauliflower and sweet potatoes in oven and bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Place baking sheet with chickpeas and onion in for remaining 20 minutes of cauliflower/sweet potato baking time.
- To make the dressing, place all lemon tahini dressing ingredients in a small food processor and blend.
- Once all of the veggies and chickpeas are done roasting, let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine veggies and drizzle with dressing, only adding about 1/2 of it to begin with and adding more as you prefer. I had a couple of tablespoons remaining.
- Toss with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!