This Reuben Casserole tastes JUST like Reuben Sandwich but is a thousand times easier!
Are you getting sick of Reuben recipes? I hope not because this Reuben Casserole is SO good!
I made the Reuben Sliders that I posted last week before I made this Reuben Casserole and I have to admit – I didn’t think the sliders could be beat. Now I can say it’s pretty much impossible to choose a favorite between these two!
I was surprised to hear Marc felt the same way. Especially given how much he loved the sliders. He too couldn’t pick a favorite!
Along with being super tasty, this Reuben Casserole is also insanely easy. You simply layer cubed rye bread, a Thousand Island Dressing/plain yogurt/sauerkraut mixture, Swiss Cheese, and corned beef and then drop it all off with a drizzle of melted butter. Then you bake it all up until it’s all creamy and cheesy.
The outer layer of bread is buttery and crispy and the inner layers are soft and full of flavor from the dressing. I seriously could not get enough of this casserole!
This Reuben Casserole is another perfect dish for St. Patty’s Day!
- 8 cups cubed Rye bread this was about 1 medium loaf
- 1 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 cups chopped corned beef
- 2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine Thousand Island dressing, yogurt, and sauerkraut, stirring to combine.
- Spray 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place 5 cups of the bread on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the Thousand Island dressing/sauerkraut mixture over bread.
- Top with corned beef and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread remaining Thousand Island dressing/sauerkraut mixture over the cheese.
- Evenly distribute remaining bread on top, pressing into the dressing mixture so it sticks.
- Top with remaining cheese and drizzle with butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil (making a sort of tent so it doesn't stick to the cheese) and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!