Ohhh yes. Moving right from those super healthy, nutrient packed Quinoa Power Bowls to these. Red. Velvet. Oreo. Truffles. Have you spotted Red Velvet Oreos at your grocery store yet? I looked high and low and *finally* found them on an end aisle display at Target. Not with all the other Oreos in the cookie aisle. Right by where you check out, where they put the stuff that you don’t need but you see right at the end and HAVE TO HAVE IT. Which is exactly what these Red Velvet Oreos are. We might not need them, but we definitely must have them.
I mean, how else are you going to make these Red Velvet Oreo truffles? Oh and you might be wondering – do they really taste like red velvet? I did a little “research” before throwin’ ’em all in the food processor to be pulverized for truffles, and I have to say – they are pret-ty darn close. Well done, Oreo. Well. Done.
So yeah. These are just like the other Oreo truffle recipes I have, except made with the Red Velvet Oreos. BUT! Since they come in a different size package than the regular Oreos, I did the math for you and altered the cream cheese measurement. More importantly, I drizzled dark chocolate on them and added Valentine’s colored sprinkles. Yer welcome.
‘Cause c’mon. How perfect are these for Valentine’s Day?! Festive sprinkles on the outside and a surprising red filling. Plus, they are so, so good. The addition of the cream cheese to the cookies only brings out the red velvet flavor more, imitating the typical cream cheese frosting that goes on top. They are also easy as can be because one: they’re no bake. And two: I found this awesome Truffle Dipping Tutorial from Something Swanky. She suggests freezing the truffles for 30 minutes before dipping them in melted chocolate, and also using a toothpick while dipping. Life changing.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Red Velvet Swirl Bundt Cake
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Red Velvet Oreos possibly minus one Oreo for sampling purposes
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups white chocolate melting candy you can use Hershey's, Ghirardelli, CandiQuick, etc
- 5 ounces 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- sprinkles optional
- Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Place all Oreos in large food processor and set on high until very fine crumbs are formed.
- Transfer to bowl with electric mixer, and add cream cheese. Beat until cream cheese is well combined and no chunks of cream cheese remain.
- You can also do this in a bowl with a spatula, if you don't mind the extra arm work.
- Scoop out about one tablespoon of the mixture, and form into a ball.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Repeat until rest of the mixture is gone.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, melt white chocolate candy:
- Place the candy in medium bowl and cook in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until melted.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and let excess run off before letting set up on baking sheet. I used the tutorial linked above.
- Once white chocolate is set, place chocolate chips in plastic baggie and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until melted.
- Snip one corner off baggie and drizzle over the truffles.
- Add sprinkles.
- Let sit until set up. This will be faster if you place the baking sheet in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator.