A creamy and delicious semi-homemade recipe for Pumpkin Alfredo sauce makes this Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo a no-brainer weeknight meal!
This post is sponsored by Prego® but opinions are my own.
Now that Lars is six-months-old, his pediatrician gave us the green light to go ahead and start trying solids with him. So far we have done purees, but I’m pretty sure the days when he wants to eat what we are eating will come before I know it. I love when I create quick and easy weeknight meals that I can have ready in my recipe box for those nights in the future when we are short on time but need a hot meal for us to eat as a family.
This Pumpkin Alfredo is definitely one of those meals that I know I will keep going back to…especially in the fall! I mean, Pumpkin Alfredo sauce?! It’s heavenly.
Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
The sauce comes together super quick with the help of Prego‘s Homestyle Alfredo Sauce. While I’m not always a fan of jarred sauces, especially creamy ones, I was really pleasantly surprised with this one. It isn’t fake tasting at all, and while it’s actually really tasty on its own, I jazzed it up just a little by adding canned pumpkin puree and a pinch of nutmeg.
Ingredients in Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
As mentioned, the pumpkin alfredo is a combination of jarred alfredo sauce, pumpkin puree, and nutmeg. In addition, I added Italian sausage, onion, garlic, fresh sage, kale, and Parmesan cheese. The flavors were delicious!
The combination of the slightly sweet pumpkin alfredo sauce with the spicy Italian sausage was perfection. Of course, I had to add some greens (kale!) to boost the nutrient value of our dinner. Plus, I’m thinking if the kale is chopped finely enough, this would be a great way to get kids to eat their kale without forcing them. Time will tell!
We loved this simple pumpkin fettuccine alfredo dinner and I hope your family does, too!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Coco and Ash
Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
- 16 oz mild Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14.5 oz jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta
- fresh sage for topping
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package.
- While pasta is cooking, cook sausage until cooked through in a large skillet.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and cook 5-7 minutes, until translucent.
- Add garlic and sage and cook 1 minute.
- Season with salt.
- Add Alfredo sauce, pumpkin, and nutmeg, and stir to combine.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer.
- Add kale and stir well, incorporating it into the sauce.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, combine with sauce and sausage, stirring well to combine.
- Top with additional fresh sage and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!