Pressure Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry is done super fast and is packed with flavor!
I’ve become a little (okay, a lot) obsessed with my pressure cooker. There’s really not a lot it can’t do!
I don’t use the InstaPot like the rest of the world, but I absolutely love my Fagor Multi-Cooker. Not only is it a pressure cooker but it’s a slow cooker and a rice cooker too. One appliance. Three uses. WINNING. p.s. this isn’t sponsored!
After we got home from Italy I was really craving curry for some reason. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I didn’t want anything to do with pasta for about a month, and maybe I just really needed some different flavors in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Italian food. However, I was really excited to get some other international foods back on my plate once we got home.
This Coconut Curry Chicken recipe was kind of an off-hand thing, where I didn’t even glance at a recipe for a starting point. I just kind of thought of the flavors I wanted and gave it a go.
I’m really glad I ended up writing it all down because this was delicious! Marc raved about it and I actually had seconds because I loved it so much.
This recipe can be pretty adaptable as far as the veggies go. I think sweet potatoes and cauliflower would be great options to replace the carrots and broccoli, and you could do snow peas instead of asparagus if you wanted. That said, I really liked the combo of veggies that we had, which were carrots, broccoli, onion, and asparagus.
You can also make this recipe in your slow cooker if you don’t have a pressure cooker or want it cook for you all day. I’ve added the directions for that in the recipe as well!
Like this recipe? You’ll love these, too!
Pressure Cooker Coconut Chicken CurryPrint Rate
- 16 ounces chicken breast
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1" pieces (about 8-10 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 16 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch +1 tablespoon water
- Rice for serving
- Cilantro for topping
- Place chicken, broccoli, onion, carrots, and asparagus in pressure cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together curry paste, soy sauce, honey, coconut milk, water, ginger, and garlic.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, and then add it to curry paste mixture, whisking to combine.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Seal top and cook on high for 12 minutes. Let steam slowly release.
- Serve on top of rice, garnished with cilantro.
- **For Slow Cooker Version:
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.