Pressure Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry is done super fast and is packed with flavor!
I’ve become a little (okay, a lot) obsessed with my pressure cooker. There’s really not a lot it can’t do!
I don’t use the InstaPot like the rest of the world, but I absolutely love my Fagor Multi-Cooker. Not only is it a pressure cooker but it’s a slow cooker and a rice cooker too. One appliance. Three uses. WINNING. p.s. this isn’t sponsored!
After we got home from Italy I was really craving curry for some reason. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I didn’t want anything to do with pasta for about a month, and maybe I just really needed some different flavors in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Italian food. However, I was really excited to get some other international foods back on my plate once we got home.
This Coconut Curry Chicken recipe was kind of an off-hand thing, where I didn’t even glance at a recipe for a starting point. I just kind of thought of the flavors I wanted and gave it a go.
I’m really glad I ended up writing it all down because this was delicious! Marc raved about it and I actually had seconds because I loved it so much.
This recipe can be pretty adaptable as far as the veggies go. I think sweet potatoes and cauliflower would be great options to replace the carrots and broccoli, and you could do snow peas instead of asparagus if you wanted. That said, I really liked the combo of veggies that we had, which were carrots, broccoli, onion, and asparagus.
You can also make this recipe in your slow cooker if you don’t have a pressure cooker or want it cook for you all day. I’ve added the directions for that in the recipe as well!
Like this recipe? You’ll love these, too!
- 16 ounces chicken breast
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1" pieces (about 8-10 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 16 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch +1 tablespoon water
- Rice for serving
- Cilantro for topping
- Place chicken, broccoli, onion, carrots, and asparagus in pressure cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together curry paste, soy sauce, honey, coconut milk, water, ginger, and garlic.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, and then add it to curry paste mixture, whisking to combine.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Seal top and cook on high for 12 minutes. Let steam slowly release.
- Serve on top of rice, garnished with cilantro.
- **For Slow Cooker Version:
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.