I am so much into cooking delicious comfort food – like this quick and easy recipe for Pork Parmesan – warm, cheesy, and comforting!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Fresh Pork.
Is anyone else THRILLED that March is here? March is one of my favorite months because for one, it’s my birthday month! It’s also the beginning of the winter thaw. Spring is near! Although, the weather in March in Minnesota could really bring anything from 60 degrees to more snow. BUT the possibility of spring just makes me happy.
Even though spring is nearing, I’m still really into cooking all the comfort food – like this quick and easy recipe for Pork Parmesan – warm, cheesy, and comforting!
While this dish is typically made with chicken, I used a boneless pork loin instead for more flavor. Did you know that you can cut up a fresh pork loin and use it just like you would a chicken breast? I typically keep it whole, but have had fun playing around with slicing, dicing, or cubing it before cooking. Last week I also used a fresh pork loin to make pork carnitas!
Specifically, for this recipe, I used the Smithfield Prime Boneless Fresh Pork Loin that I picked up from my local Supervalu. I love that Smithfield Prime Fresh Pork is a superior quality line of premium, hand-trimmed, 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredients.
But back to this recipe – Pork Parmesan! Chicken Parmesan was one of my favorite dishes that my dad would make when I was growing up, so I was excited to try it out with pork. Guess what? I think I liked it even more with the pork loin!
In addition to being really tasty, this dish is also fairly easy. After you cut the Smithfield Prime Boneless Fresh Pork Loin into slices, you dip each piece in flour, egg, and crispy breadcrumbs. Then you brown each side in a little oil, and bake it with some marinara and cheese. While it’s baking, you can cook up some spaghetti and prep a salad for a rounded-out meal.
Smithfield Shake It Up Challenge
Before we get to the recipe, I wanted to tell you about the Smithfield Shake It Up Challenge – Smithfield is challenging families to shake up their cooking routines by using fresh pork in their to-go beef or chicken recipes, to see how a little change can add a ton of flavor. All you have to do, for a chance to win $5,000 (and a bunch of other fun prizes), is go to their website and submit a photo and a tip of how you shake up your meal routine!
- 20 ounces Smithfield Prime Boneless Center Cut Fresh Pork Loin cut into 4 slices
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 cup Italian Panko breadcrumbs*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- parsley or basil chopped for topping
- *If you can’t find Italian Panko breadcrumbs just add 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in shallow bowls.
- Dip each slice of pork loin into flour, then egg, and then breadcrumbs. Set on a clean plate and repeat with remaining pork slices.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork loin slices and cook on each side 2-3 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Place marinara in an 8x11” dish (or something similarly sized) and spread evenly.
- Place pork loin slices on top of marinara sauce.
- Top each piece of pork with mozzarella and sprinkle dish with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve topped with parsley or basil, on top of spaghetti if desired.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Pork Parmesan recipe for later!
This post is sponsored by Smithfield Pork.