Pesto Turkey Burgers are less than 5 ingredients, full of flavor, and the perfect reason to fire up the grill!
Grilling season is HEEEEEERE!
And if you couldn’t tell, I’m just a *little* excited about it. Okay, I’m a lot excited about it.
Unlike other warm weather tasks like watering my flowers or putting on sunscreen, grilling out is one of those things that I NEVER get sick of as July turns to August and turns to September. I love the ease of it, how it brings us outside to the patio, and the fact that we don’t have to turn on the oven. Oh and the smell of some burgers sizzling on the grill is almost comparable to the smell of brownies baking in the oven. ALMOST.
So last week after we returned from vacation, the weather was nice and you better believe the first meal I made was these burgers on the grill!
Let me be clear – these aren’t just any burgers. These are Pesto Turkey Burgers. I’ve had these brewing in my mind for the last month, just waiting for the perfect spring day to fire up the grill, and they did not disappoint.
Really – these couldn’t be easier, either. The burgers are just three ingredients – ground turkey (you could use beef or even chicken, if you prefer), minced garlic, and pesto. So, so easy.
I topped them off with some crumbled goat cheese and arugula, and then another drizzle of pesto because why not?
So get out there, fire up your grills, and get grilling season off to a good start!
Pesto Turkey Burgers
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons pesto plus extra for topping
- crumbled goat cheese for topping
- arugula for topping
- 6 buns
- Combine ground turkey, garlic, and pesto until well combined.
- Form into 6 patties. I like to do this by taking a large mason jar lid, placing plastic wrap on the inside of it and then pressing the meat mixture into the lid. Then you just pop out the plastic wrap and you have a perfectly formed burger patty!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the patties are cooked through.
- Assemble burgers by placing burger on bun, and top with goat cheese, arugula, and additional pesto.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!