A super creamy and indulgent tasting Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Dip that is also festive for the holidays! Made with vegan cream cheese and mozzarella shreds, this dip is lighter than you’d think!
Wait, whaaaaa? What day is it? Surely it can’t be Saturday because I never ever post a recipe on Saturdays.
Could Not Would Not
But I just could not would not wait until Monday to share this dip recipe with you. I mean, what if you have a Christmas party to go to tonight and you have no idea what to make? What if you need lunch and only a creamy dip will suffice? What if breakfast is calling for pesto and cream cheese?! I mean, I just couldn’t leave you hanging like that.
And now here’s the part where I tell you this dip is not as indulgent as you might think. Nope, nope, nope. I made this super creamy and indulgent tasting dip with GO VEGGIE Cream Cheese AND Mozzarella Shreds. This means the dip is lactose free, vegan, and lower in calories and fat than it would be with regular cream cheese and mozzarella. Winning!
The fun thing about this Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Dip? It’s also super festive for this time of year! The red from the sun dried tomatoes and the green from the pesto and spinach…it just screams Christmas. The best part, though, is how super easy it is to make this dip. The only somewhat time consuming part about it is sautéing the spinach, but you could totally use frozen spinach if you’re in a time crunch or just don’t feel like doing that step.
Then you just have to pop it in the oven and (im)patiently wait for that cheesy gooey bowl of deliciousness to dip your cracker into! After all, it IS the season of dips, right?!
Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Dip (Vegan and Lactose Free!)Print Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach or frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 8 ounces GO VEGGIE Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup milk use unsweetened almond or soy milk for lactose free/vegan version
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes I used the jarred kind in oil
- 2 cups GO VEGGIE Mozzarella Shreds divided use
- additional pesto and sun dried tomatoes for topping.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add spinach and cook until completely wilted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, milk, and pesto.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and 1 cup mozzarella shreds and stir to combine.
- Spoon into large ramekin or small baking dish.
- Top with remaining cup of mozzarella shreds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until dip is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Top with additional sun dried tomatoes and pesto.
- Serve with pita chips or toasted baguette slices.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Dip recipe for later!
I’ve got some more recipes with cheese:
- Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Eggnog Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert
- Holiday Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball