As I get through these last few weeks of pregnancy, I have been all about the quick, easy, and simple meals that take less than 20 minutes from start to finish. For one, I don’t have a ton of energy to make much of anything in the kitchen these days, and my appetite has been strange. I feel hungry but not for anything in particular, so nothing sounds that great to me.
That’s where these pepperoni pizza bagels come in. I’m always up for something with carbs and cheese, so pizza has been on my radar most nights. While we don’t always have pizza crust ready to go, we pretty much always have bagels either in the refrigerator or freezer, and I figured why not use them for pizza crust? Thick and chewy bagel pizza crust? Yes, please.
Plus, using bagels makes these pizza bagels a breeze to make. First up, take a bagel (we used “Everything” bagels) and slather it with pizza sauce. Next, top it with a bunch ‘o cheese. I used GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Shreds, which I love for cutting down calories, fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol without sacrificing any flavor or cheesiness! Then load it up with your favorite pizza toppings. For these we just did pepperoni to keep things simple but I see a margherita pizza bagel in my near future, too. You could really use anything lurking in your fridge, such as sausage, bacon, spinach, peppers, onions, mushrooms, shredded chicken, pineapple and ham, anything!
Lastly, throw it in the oven for, twiddle your thumbs for about 10 minutes, and devour your cheesy pizza bagel deliciousness.
These pizza bagels would be absolutely perfect for those of you who are about to have kids at home for the summer, looking for you to have lunch ready for them every day (such needy little humans!), and the typical PB&J just isn’t going to cut it.
Pepperoni Pizza BagelsPrint Pin Rate
- 4 bagels (plain, everything, onion, or whatever you prefer!)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices diced
- Other pizza toppings of your preference, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice bagels in half and set cut side up on baking sheet lined with foil.
- Spread each bagel half with approximately 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Top each bagel half with approximately 1/4 cup mozzarella shreds. This does not need to be exact - just add however much you would like!
- Top cheese with pepperoni, or preferred pizza toppings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!