Peppermint Oreo Cookie Ball Snowmen are oreo truffles stacked and decorated to look like snowmen! A perfect holiday treat.
The holidays are in full swing and what says ‘happy holidays’ better than Snowmen Oreo Cookie Balls? Seriously, they’re at every holiday party you go to and every time they get more and more delicious, am I right? At least for me, they do. I was stoked when Yummly reached out to me to create my own version of Oreo cookie balls, because, um, heck yes I’ll make Oreo cookie balls!
What Kind of Oreos To Use?
I wanted to do a fun, festive version of cookie balls so I used my new favorite variety of Oreos – Candy Cane – for the cookie balls, and also made them into adorable little snowmen. The Candy Cane Oreos added just the right amount of that peppermint flavor, which I happen to love. If you’re not a fan of the Candy Cane Oreos or peppermint in general, you could definitely use the original Oreos….or whatever your favorite kind is. Peanut butter Oreos, anyone??
Whatever you use, these are going to be a hit. Not only are they addictively delicious, have I mentioned they’re cute?! This would also be a super fun holiday activity for the kids. Everyone can make their own version of Frosty!
- 36 Oreos
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- candy sticks
- 1 package white almond bark
- additional Oreo cookies filling removed, for rim of the hat
- Twizzler Pull 'N Peels for the scarf
- Rolos for the top of the hat
- gray or black candy parcels for the eyes
- red or orange candy parcels for the nose
- Place Oreos in large food processor and pulse until finely crushed.
- In large bowl, combine Oreos and cream cheese and mix with a spatula or spoon until well combined. This takes awhile and might seem like it's not going to happen but it does. Feel free to use your hands, too.
- Shape into large and small balls, and put them on the candy sticks, so it looks like a snowman.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour, to overnight.
- Once ready to decorate, heat almond bark in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Place wax paper on the counter or on a baking sheet.
- Have styrofoam or something that you can stick the candy sticks into once you are ready to decorate the snowmen.
- Dip each snowman in the melted almond bark and place "head down" on wax paper. Almond bark will likely run off. After it seems to have stopped running off, place snowman upright onto styrofoam or whatever setup you have to let dry completely.
- I dipped my snowmen twice.
- Once ready to decorate, use the melted almond bark as the "glue" for the eyes and noses, along with getting the Twizzler scarves to stick and the hats to stick to the head.
- I found it was easiest to do the face first, then the scarf, then the hat.
- Have fun and enjoy!
I was compensated for this post by Yummly and Oreo, however all opinions are mine.