Need a quick holiday treat to whip up? This Peppermint Christmas Snack Mix recipe is a super easy Chex Mix recipe and has flavors of white chocolate and peppermint!
I’m all about baking cookies this time of year, but sometimes I just want something easy that doesn’t require me turning my oven on. Especially during our kitchen renovation! That’s when I whip up a big batch of Easy Christmas Snack Mix – a sweet, white-chocolate covered combination of Chex Mix, Cheerios, Pretzels, peppermint bark, and mint M&M’s.
This combination of a Chex Mix Christmas recipe is seriously addicting. It is hard to stop once you start snacking on this sweet snack mix!
Ingredients in Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
Rice Chex Mix
Wheat Chex Mix
Andes Peppermint Bark Chips
Vanilla Almond Bark
To start out making this holiday snack Mix, you’ll want to combine all of the “dry” ingredients – the cereals, pretzels, and M&M’s. Try to find the biggest bowl that you have – something like this would be ideal! If you don’t have a huge bowl, you can also try spreading out a few long pieces of parchment or wax paper and tape them to your countertop, to give you a big surface area to work with.
Next, you will melt the vanilla almond bark and Andes peppermint crunch baking chips which I found at Target. I’m sure they are seasonal so if you can’t find them, you could use chopped up peppermint bark instead.
All that is left to do is to drizzle the melted almond bark and peppermint crunch baking chips over the cereal mixture, mix it gently but thoroughly, and let it sit out to harden up. I also sprinkled it with some holiday sprinkles before it set up for a little more holiday cheer.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Sweet Chex Mix with Oh Sweet Basil
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 6 cups rice Chex
- 3 cups wheat Chex
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Mint M&M's
- 24 ounces vanilla Almond bark roughly chopped
- 10 ounces Andes Peppermint Baking Chips
- Christmas sprinkles, optional
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped almond bark and peppermint baking chips.
- Heat on 60% power in 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted.
- Pour the melted mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well and gently to combine.
- Pour out onto the prepared parchment paper and sprinkle immediately with sprinkles. Let it cool completely.
- Break it up into pieces and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!