Peppermint Brownie Truffles are an easy 4-ingredient holiday dessert that can also be made dairy free!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by GO VEGGIE. The recipe and content are my own.
For the first time in my adult life, I am ready for Christmas way in advance. I have all of my shopping done. Everything (okay MOSTLY everything) is wrapped. Cookies have been baked. And a lot have been eaten. Oops.
In the past years I have waited way too long to figure out all of the gifts which obviously meant I waited until the last minute to do the wrapping. I baked some things ahead of time but didn’t take advantage of my freezer nearly enough.
This year I’ve knocked off Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread, Chewy Ginger Cookies, Brown Butter Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies, Puppy Chow, Sugar Cookies, Mint Chocolate M&M Cookies, and now these Peppermint Brownie Truffles!
These Peppermint Brownie Truffles only require 4 ingredients – boxed brownie mix(baked according to the box directions), peppermint extract, cream cheese, and chocolate. They’re so easy and festive!
Peppermint Brownie Truffles are Dairy Free
The great thing about these is that they can be made dairy free. We don’t have any dietary restrictions as a family, and maybe you don’t either – but I’m sure we all have family that does. Plus, in a season of lots of butter and cheese, it never hurts to cut back a little bit. Especially when you can’t even taste the difference!
Did you know that brownie mixes are almost always dairy free (except the milk chocolate kind)? Be sure to check the box but all of the ones I checked at my local grocery store were dairy free aside from the milk chocolate variety.
To keep these dairy free I used GO VEGGIE Plain Cream Cheese. I use GO VEGGIE dairy-free and lactose free products all of the time and am continuously amazed at how great they taste. Therefore, you would never know that these truffles are dairy free!
These Peppermint Brownie Truffles are a great addition to a cookie or dessert tray, especially because they can be made ahead of time and placed in the freezer. They are festive and great little treats that can be enjoyed all season long!
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces GO VEGGIE Plain Cream Cheese
- 12 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or bar, chopped
- crushed candy canes
- Mix together brownie batter according to package directions, adding peppermint extract in.
- Bake brownie mix according to package directions. Let cool.
- Fluff the brownies with a fork. I cut off the edges so there wasn't any of the harder/chewy parts.
- Place brownie crumbs in a bowl with GO VEGGIe Cream Cheese and mix together with a spatula until well combined.
- Form into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20-30 second increments until completely melted.
- Dip each truffle into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool, immediately sprinkling with crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate so the chocolate can completely set up. Keep in an airtight container.