LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Brown Butter Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Biscoff Chocolate Chip Blondies
pecan turtle barsPrint Pin Rate
- Pecan Turtle Bars
- recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- for the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- for the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust:
- In bowl with electric mixer, combine flour, brown sugar with butter and beat at medium speed until mixture resembles fine crumbs, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of un-greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over crust.
- For the filling:
- Combine butter and brown sugar in small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until entire surface is bubbly, then cook and stir 30 more seconds.
- Pour into pan spreading evenly over crust and pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until entire surface is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes to allow chocolate to melt and use a knife to spread chocolate out evenly.
- Cool completely then cut into bars. Enjoy!!