**April 2017: this post has been updated with new photos. The post content has remained the same!
I think the best indicator of a great recipe is when you find yourself making it over and over again. Considering I like trying new things in the kitchen I don’t usually repeat many recipes but this is definitely an exception.
Since making it for the first time in January, I have made it 3 more times and can’t wait to have it again! What’s not to love about a flaky salmon filet spread with creamy honey mustard and topped with a crunchy pecan breadcrumb mixture?
For the asparagus we simply tossed trimmed asparagus spears in a couple tablespoons of olive oil, seasoned it with a Montreal Seasoning, and grilled it for about 10 minutes in a foil packet.
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 6 salmon filets 4 oz each
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix dijon mustard, butter, and honey.
- In separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, pecans, and parsley.
- Season each salmon filet with salt and pepper, place on baking sheet and brush with honey mustard mixture. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Top each filet with breadcrumb mixture, evenly distributing among the 6 filets.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until the salmon flakes with a fork. Serve with garnished lemon wedges.