Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles are the perfect combination of salty and sweet and are made with five easy ingredients!
Peanut butter and chocolate is, hands down, my favorite sweet flavor combination. Even Lars knows that mommy’s favorite candy is Reese’s and that sweet boy saves them all for me in his Halloween bucket! I’m also a sucker for a combination of sweet and salty, so these Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles are basically my dream come true!
The best part? These are insanely easy to whip up and made with super simple ingredients!
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
Pretzels – you can use any shape you want, as they get crushed up, but I used the twists.
Peanut Butter – I used Skippy Natural creamy peanut butter. I haven’t tried this with any kind of natural “drippy” peanut butter and I’m thinking you would need different ratios of peanut butter to pretzels if you do.
Honey – adds a little sweetness but not overly so.
Chocolate Chips – I recommend semi-sweet or dark chocolate.
Coconut Oil – this helps the chocolate chips set up into a nice hard outer layer!
Sea Salt – don’t skip it!
How to Make Pretzel Truffles
- Crush the pretzels. I used a food processor but you could also use a blender or put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Warm up the peanut butter and honey in the microwave for about 30 seconds. This will make it easier to stir together.
- Stir in the pretzels to the peanut butter and honey until a bit of a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into ~1 tbsp sized truffles, place them on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. This will make it easier to dip them in chocolate.
- Once you’re ready to dip, microwave the chocolate and coconut oil until melted.
- Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate, sprinkle with sea salt, and then place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until they have set up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- 2 1/4 cups twisted pretzels
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- coarse sea salt
- Place pretzels in a large food processor and process on high until they resemble crumbs. It should end up being about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs
- In a medium bowl, add the peanut butter and honey.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, stir, and then microwave another 10 seconds, mixing until the peanut butter and honey are smooth.
- Add the pretzel crumbs to the peanut butter/honey mixture and stir until well combined.
- Form the dough into ~1 tbsp sized truffles, and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 60 seconds. Stir well and then microwave another 30 seconds, stirring until smooth. If the chocolate chips aren't melted after the last 30 seconds, microwave in 15 second intervals, mixing well between each one.
- Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set up. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.