Happy Easter! I made you pie. Well, actually I made Marc pie. You see, this morning when he got home from his 24 hour shift at the hospital, ready for bed, I bombarded him with questions about what he wanted for Easter dinner. His request for dessert: “peanut butter Oreo cream cheese pie.” Well, alright then. Not very “Easter-y” but I was on board with his request. I have to say, my husband sure does know his desserts.
I based this pie off a recipe for plain peanut butter cream cheese pie, then stuffed it with a bunch of chopped Oreos and drizzled some more chocolate on top. And it. was. goooooood. I loved how the creamy peanut butter pie had the chunks of chopped Oreos, which were slightly softened. Then topped with the crunchy Oreo topping and hot fudge sauce…so, so good. This was perfect for a special holiday dessert, but would also be a great summer BBQ dessert (as long as there’s a place to keep it chilled until served!) or birthday treat. Honestly it would be good for any occasion. It’s simple to make and definitely a crowd pleaser. I don’t make many things twice but I see this becoming a family favorite.
Like this post? Then you’ll love these, too:
Nutella Fudge Pie
Peanut Butter Pie for Mikey
Mocha Almond Fudge Pie with Brownie Bottom
Creamy Lime and Coconut Pie
No-Bake Nutella Mousse Pie
peanut butter oreo piePrint Rate
- 1 package of Oreos divided use
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz whipped topping like Cool Whip
- Hot fudge topping for drizzling
- Place 25 Oreos into food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press into bottom and sides of pie dish. Set aside.
- Roughly chop remaining Oreos.
- In bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Fold in 1 cup of the chopped Oreos. Save remaining chopped Oreos for topping.
- Pour peanut butter filling on top of pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining chopped Oreos.
- Freeze at least 2 hours.
- Once ready to serve, drizzle with melted fudge topping.