These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft yet chewy and packed full of peanut butter flavor!
Happy Friday!! Since it’s Friday and, well, just because, I think we need a cookie recipe today, dontcha think?! I definitely think so.
I kind of get stuck in my routine of making the same cookies over and over (Brown Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies for LIFE!) but every once in awhile I need something different. Maybe “need” is a bit dramatic but you know what I mean. Need/want. Same diff.
Anyways, if I’m going to cheat on my beloved chocolate chip cookies, it’s gonna be with peanut butter. Duh.
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies totally hit the spot! I hate to say it, but I’m kind of particular with how I like my cookies. When it comes to oatmeal cookies, I like a big chew factor. I can’t waste my time with crunchy oatmeal cookies. Nope. I need them soft and chewy.
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are incredibly soft (even the next day!) and yet still chewy with all of the old fashioned oats. On a scale of 1 to 10, these are pushing 11. (p.s. as a health care professional I hate when patients rate their pain as 11/10 but as a professional cookie taster, I approve this rating).
The best thing about these peanut butter oatmeal cookies is just how simple they are. No brown butter (although GAH I love brown butter so much), no artisan sea salt, and nothing that can’t be found in most people’s kitchen cabinets. They’re basic and I just love that about them!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla, beating until combined, about 2 more minutes.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and oats, mixing until combined.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form into 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden on outside and still soft on inside. Be careful not to overbake!
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking pan and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.