Peanut Butter M&M Oatmeal Cookies are thick, chewy, and absolutely perfect for any peanut butter lover!
On Saturday I promised you cookies to start your week off. I hate breaking promises so here I am with a plate of warm cookies and look! I even brought a glass of milk.
And let me tell you – these Peanut Butter M&M Oatmeal Cookies are definitely a glass-of-milk kinda cookie.
Let me just clarify one thing – these cookies should technically be called “Peanut Butter M&M Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies” because not only is there peanut butter in the cookie dough, but they are made with peanut butter M&M’s. I mean, why not?
When there’s a question of if more peanut butter is the right thing to do, the answer is always YES.
But having “peanut butter” in the name twice seemed a little silly. So here we are, with Peanut Butter M&M Oatmeal Cookies.
Peanut Butter M&M Oatmeal Cookies
Another question I’ll always get a “yes” to: “Honey, would you like a bite of the cookie dough?”
Marc turns into a little vulture when he hears the KitchenAid mixer going.
After a “Oh I just need to make sure it tastes okay” spoonful and “I didn’t get a good sample on that last bite, I need some more” bite, it gets hard to really know how many cookies a batch makes. Baker/blogger/wife problems, I know. I usually add two or three to the total that I get to make up for his spoonfuls here and there.
And I have to admit – this cookie dough is really really good. I mean, I had to try it too, y’know. For quality control purposes.
That said, they are even better baked. Like my favorite Monster Cookie, these peanut butter oatmeal cookies are thick and chewy, and have something yummy in every single bite.
This also makes a pretty big batch of cookies, making them the perfect cookie to bring to work or share with neighbors. Who doesn’t like peanut butter and chocolate?! Especially on a Monday.
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter not natural
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups peanut butter M&M's
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs, and beat again until creamy, about 30 seconds, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda, beating until combined.
- Slowly add in oats, beating until combined.
- Stir in M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Make approximately 1/4 cup sized dough balls and place ~2 inches apart on baking sheets. I got 6 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes, until edges are golden. They will seem like they are not set up in the middle, but that's okay! They will cool and be deliciously chewy. Just don't overbake them!
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer carefully with a spatula to a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Except for that one you have your eye on - eat that one warm with a glass of cold milk.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
And make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy and delicious ideas!