These Peanut Butter M&M Blondies have the perfect edge to middle ratio that I think blondies should have. You will absolutely love these!
How about one or two more baking recipes before the big day arrives next week?! You’re not done with your Christmas baking yet are you? I hope not, because these blondies are definitely a must-make!
While the holiday season is known for cookies, I can’t help but switch it up every now and then and make bars. Is there anything more Minnesotan than a plate of bars? Okay well maybe a hot dish is a little more Minnesotan but still – bars just scream ‘Minnesotan’!
I love baking bars for lots of reasons. For my lazy baker self, they’re a lot easier than making cookies. I can just make the batter, pour it all into a pan, pop them in the oven and set my timer. Then I have a ton more time for important things like Pinterest browsing and making funny faces at Lars to make him laugh.
This also leaves me more time to start cleaning the hurricane of a mess I undoubtedly made in the kitchen. This definitely comes after the Pinterest browsing and baby-face making, but still – it gets done way sooner than if I make batch after batch of cookies.
Another reason I love bars and particularly blondies like these Peanut Butter M&M Blondies? The chewy edges! Of course I love the middle pieces too but I really love a big edge piece that is part chewy edge and part soft middle. I know there are those of you out there who prefer the soft middle pieces and guess what! We would be perfect blondie sharing friends. You take the middle pieces, I take the edges and we can live in blondie eating harmony.
Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
These Peanut Butter M&M Blondies have the perfect edge to middle ratio that I think blondies should have. This comes from the combination of butter, lots of brown sugar, eggs, and a little bit of peanut butter. The peanut butter flavor isn’t super overpowering, but is definitely noticeable. If you want more peanut butter in your blondie, I would suggest using peanut butter M&M’s.
Of course I also suggest using the holiday M&M’s so you can bring these to each and every holiday party you attend looking like a domestic rock star but secretly know they were a breeze to whip up. It’ll be our little secret.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13” baking dish.
- In medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring until smooth. When it is smooth, remove from heat and add peanut butter. Allow to cool while combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs to the brown sugar and peanut butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- It will be a thick, smooth batter.
- Fold in 1 cup of the M&M’s.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup M&M’s, pressing them down into the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven to 25 minutes. Top will be golden brown.
- Let cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Boozy Eggnog Bundt Cake
- No Bake Bailey’s Cheesecake
- No Bake Oat Nut Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
P.S. And be sure to follow me on Pinterest!