Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies are pure decadence! Fudge-like brownies topped with a peanut butter layer and a chocolate ganache.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Semisweet Chocolate – I recommend using bars of chocolate, opposed to chocolate chips.
How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
To start, you’ll make the brownies. Combine the butter, semisweet chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate in a saucepan and heat until it’s all melted together. To this, you’ll add the sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs and whisk until well combined. After this, you’ll simply stir in the flour followed by the salted peanuts, and then spread the brownie batter in a greased 9×13″ baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
Once the brownies are made and cooled, you can make the peanut butter frosting. The frosting is made by beating together peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and salt. Pretty easy!
Lastly, you make the chocolate ganache. To do this, you simply melt more chocolate and butter together, and spread it on top of the peanut butter frosting layer. I like to top the brownies off with more salted peanuts for looks and for the extra crunch.
There was something about the sweet chocolate and the salty peanuts that kept me going back for more. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you just can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the chopped chocolate. Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in flour, followed by the peanuts.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-32 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached. Set aside to cool.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Beat the peanut butter and butter until creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla, and beat until creamy
- Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies.
- Add the chocolate, butter, and salt to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the ganache over the frosting and spread to cover.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares. Enjoy!