These Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are made with gluten-free dough and could not be any easier to make! Everyone will love them!
I have one more sweet treat for you before the big day. Can you believe Christmas is in two days?! Of course during this time of year there are sweets everywhere. Obviously I’m a huge fan of this and while I’m typically into making everything from scratch, there’s always a time and place for shortcuts. This treat is a bit unusual for me, as it uses a pre-made cookie dough, but when Pillsbury asked if I wanted to try their gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough and create a new dessert recipe with it, I just couldn’t pass it up.
Since I’m not gluten-intolerant I don’t have the slightest clue of what sort of candies and sweets are gluten-free and what is not. A quick google search revealed that Reese’s peanut butter cups just so happen to be gluten-free. So peanut butter filled chocolate chip bars it is!
Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These could not be any easier to make. I simply used two containers of Pillsbury’s gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough, using one as the base and one as the topping, with chopped up peanut butter cups in the middle.
I’ll admit – I was a bit skeptical of a gluten-free cookie dough. That is because a lot of other gluten-free products I’ve tried have been noticably not gluten-full. Surpisingly neither Marc nor I could tell that these cookie bars were at all different from a normal cookie bar. The dough cooked up to be perfectly chewy and I loved the peanut butter cups all throughout. There are so many things you could do with this dough and Pillsbury has other great ideas on their website.
- 2 containers Pillsbury® Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread one container of cookie dough in baking dish press evenly in bottom of dish.
- Evenly spread chopped peanut butter cups over dough.
- Spread second container of cookie dough over peanut butter cups, pressing down to form the top layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until bars are golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Pillsbury.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Oat Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins
And make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy and delicious ideas!