For the days that you wake up and just want to eat cookies for breakfast, this recipe for Peanut Butter Cookie Granola is for you.
Breakfast is the one true constant in my days lately. Lunch is always up in the air – am I going to have time to actually make something for lunch or am I eating crackers and cheese while standing in the kitchen again? Dinner has been unpredictable, too. By the time 6:00 rolls around and I haven’t planned anything, we either eat whatever leftovers are in the fridge or order take out.
But breakfast. I always make time for breakfast.
I’ve been trying to eat anything with oats for breakfast lately (for lactation!) and since oatmeal takes awhile to make, and I never think to make overnight oats until the morning of, I’ve been loving yogurt and homemade granola.
I first made this Peanut Butter Cookie Granola before Lars was born, and stored a couple of baggies in the freezer (it freezes great!) for a quick yogurt topping. My stock was gone in no time, and this time when I made it again I just knew I had to share the recipe with you all because this stuff is seriously addicting.
The addition of whole wheat flour binds the granola together into chunks, making it feel like you’re eating a peanut butter cookie. The best part? This is pretty healthy stuff! It’s filled with oats, whole wheat flour, peanuts, honey, and coconut oil – not a refined sugar to be found!
My favorite way to eat this Peanut Butter Cookie Granola is on top of plain Greek yogurt with sliced bananas or berries, but it’s also great with milk or by the handful.
So since it’s Friday, go ahead and eat a real cookie for breakfast. But then this weekend, make this Peanut Butter Cookie Granola for the rest of the week so you feel like you’re eating a cookie for breakfast!
Looking for other recipes like this? Check these out!
Peanut Butter M&M Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil measured in liquid state
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine oats, flour, peanuts, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- In medium microwavable bowl, combine honey and peanut butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir well to combine.
- Stir in coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir, and then bake another 10-15 minutes, until it is slightly golden.
- Let cool completely.
- Break into chunks, and serve over milk, yogurt, or eat by the handful!
- Store in airtight container.