Oh boy, are these oatmeal cookies good! After a particularly indulgent week last week with a fun blogger dinner, Valentine’s Day and a weekend full of eating out, I wanted to bake something healthy. This peanut butter banana oatmeal cookie is just what I was dreaming of – full of oats, whole wheat flour, very little oil and sugar, and just a touch of chocolate!
Plus it is just bursting with the flavors of peanut butter and banana. These oatmeal cookies are also very sturdy with the oats, but incredibly soft and moist too from the addition of the peanut butter and banana. They are the perfect little treat when you’re wanting something sweet but don’t want to over-do it with the butter and sugar.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Canola Oil (or coconut oil)
Old Fashioned Oats
Whole Wheat Flour
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix bananas, peanut butter, canola oil and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add oat mixture into banana mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Place tablespoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet and bake 10 – 12 minutes, until cookies are slightly golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.