Like most Midwesterners, I appreciate a good potato side dish at dinnertime. I’m not picky and like anything from mashed potatoes and baked potatoes to tater tots and french fries. Potatoes pretty much go with anything, I’d say and these Parmesan Roasted Potatoes go with EVERYTHING!
Since my boys aren’t fans of mashed potatoes or baked potatoes, I’ve been trying to get creative with the potato dishes I make for dinner. Roasting potatoes can be a little tricky, as I have found that sometimes they are lacking flavor and seem dried out. Luckily, I have finally created the winning recipe for roasted potatoes!
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are everything I wanted in a roasted potato. They are crispy but tender, cheesy and flavorful, and my kids loved them!
Easy to Make Roasted Potatoes
Making these roasted potatoes really is so simple, too. The diced baby red potatoes get tossed in a combination of melted butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese. The combination of butter and olive oil was key in getting crispy potatoes that were still tender and not dried out after roasting.
Perfect Roasted Potatoes
Not only is the texture and bite of these parmesan roasted potatoes perfect, but they are so incredibly flavorful from the Italian seasoning, garlic, and Parmesan. I loved how the Parmesan was crispy in spots and the bits with big chunks of crispy Parmesan were my favorite.
If you want a true testament to how delicious these parmesan potatoes are, I’ll admit to you that I made an entire meal out of these potatoes. TWICE. They are seriously THAT good and hard to stop eating. That said, this recipe makes enough for about 4-6 side dish servings, unless you’re like me and decide to go all in. In that case, it’s a solid 2 servings.
Parmesan Roasted PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided use
- fresh parsley, chopped, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the red potatoes into bite-sized pieces. I had fairly large red potatoes so I cut them in half, and then each half into quarters.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the mixture over the potatoes and toss well to combine and evenly distribute.
- Lay the potatoes onto a foil-lined baking sheet.Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese on the potatoes and bake another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.