One Pot Lemon Parmesan Pasta is a delicious weeknight or date night in meal! The noodles are cooked right in the bright lemon-zested Parmesan sauce making this pasta recipe fast and so easy!
Is there anyone who doesn’t like a one pot dinner? They are so easy, convenient, and I love when they are also delicious! Of course I wouldn’t share a recipe that isn’t delicious with out, so this Lemon Parmesan Kale Pasta definitely hits all of the marks.
Ingredients in One Pot Lemon Parmesan Pasta
The ingredients in this Lemon Parmesan Kale Spaghetti are super basic – butter, garlic, chicken broth, half and half, lemon zest, spaghetti, Parmesan, and kale. That’s it! Best yet, it all gets dumped in one pot and cooked together, creating a creamy and delicious pasta dinner.
How to Cook Lemon Parmesan Pasta
This one pot lemon parmesan spaghetti starts with a little butter and garlic. How can we go wrong with that? After this you just add in some chicken broth, half and half (or milk if you want it a little lighter), lemon zest, and spaghetti noodles.
The mixture gets simmered for about 15 minutes and then you’ll add the Parmesan cheese and kale to finish it off. That’s truly it!
This made my entire meal but if you want to add a little protein, you could certainly saute some chicken while the pasta is cooking to place on top.
This dish was a true family pleaser. Lars declared “I love this pasta mama!” and Soren helped himself to FOUR servings. If that’s not a true testament to a good recipe, I’m not sure what is!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Creamy Lemon Baked Pasta from Dinner then Dessert
One Pot Lemon Parmesan Kale PastaPrint Rate
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup half and half (or milk)
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped dino kale (~1 bunch)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broth, milk, and lemon zest, stirring to combine.
- Add the spaghetti, pressing it down until it is covered by the liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir well and remove the lid, cooking another 8 minutes, until the pasta is cooked al dente and the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Stir in the kale, and cover, cooking until the kale is wilted, about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired, and enjoy!