One Pot Lemon Broccoli Pesto Pasta is the easiest and most delicious pasta dinner! It’s made in one pot with pesto and shrimp – it will be a family favorite.
While pasta wasn’t a regular on our dinner menu prior to kids, it has been slowly turning up more and more on our dinner table. Let’s face it – kids love pasta! Turns out, we do too! Especially when I make dishes like One Pot Lemon Broccoli Pesto Pasta!
This one pot pasta dish was a huge hit for everyone in our family. We all loved the sauce, it was a great way to serve broccoli to the kids, and they also really enjoyed the shrimp in the pasta.
Ingredients in One Pot Lemon Broccoli Pesto Pasta
How to Make One Pot Lemon Pesto Pasta
This recipe starts by melting the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cooking the shrimp. You can omit the shrimp or substitute it for chicken if you’d like! We really love it with shrimp, though.
Once the shrimp is cooked, which only takes a few minutes, remove it from the pot and set aside. Add a little bit more butter, along with the diced white onion and cook until slightly softened.
Then add the garlic, followed by the lemon zest, bone broth, water, and rigatoni pasta and stir to combine. Bring the whole mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover, cooking for about 10 minutes. At this point, the pasta should be cooked and the liquid should be mostly absorbed.
Next, add the frozen broccoli, and cook a few minutes, letting the broccoli warm up, and any additional liquid to cook off with the lid off. At this point, you’ll add the pesto, cream, and Parmesan cheese, and stir well to combine. It will be super creamy and delicious!
Lastly, add the shrimp back to the pan. Now it’s ready to serve!
This One Pot Lemon Broccoli Pesto Pasta was truly a hit with everyone in my family. The boys devoured it, Emma gobbled it up, and Marc and I both gave it a 10/10!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
One Pot Lemon Broccoli Pesto Pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb raw shrimp deveined, peeled, and tails removed
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- zest from 1 lemon
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Add 1 tbsp butter to large skillet.
- Once melted, add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan along with the diced onion.
- Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the lemon zest, bone broth, water, and rigatoni pasta and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover. Let simmer for 10 minutes, until the broth is absorbed and the pasta is cooked. There might be a little broth that is still yet to be absorbed and that’s okay! It will thicken up as the rest of the ingredients are added.
- Add the broccoli and stir to combine, cooking another few minutes until the broccoli is warmed through and the remaining broth is absorbed.
- Add the pesto, cream, and Parmesan cheese, stirring to combine.
- Return the shrimp to the pan.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese.