One Pot Creamy Chicken and Summer Vegetable Pasta is a healthy, no-cream pasta filled with season veggies, chicken, and topped with fresh basil! It’s a perfect summertime pasta!
When it comes to food blogging, there are few things that excite me more than developing a *really* delicious recipe that I can’t wait to share with you all. While I don’t post anything that I don’t believe in 100%, of course there are some recipes that I love more than others.
This one pot pasta is one that I am SO excited for you to make!
Why am I so excited about this recipe? For one, it’s EASY! Like, you know those nights when you come home and you just want to dump things in a pot and call it dinner? Well, you can actually do this with this recipe. After you cook up the chicken, you literally just dump the rest of the ingredients in and let it cook. Ridiculously easy.
Another reason, it’s seasonal. I’m almost certain you’ll be able to find all of the veggies for this at your farmers market. Zucchini? Check. Tomatoes? Check. Sweet corn and basil? Check and check.
Reason number 3 is pretty obvious: it’s delicious! While you really could use any type of pasta, I’ve been craving a good creamy angel hair pasta dish. This satisfied that craving and so much more. There’s something about twirling long strands of thin pasta around a fork that I just love. The pasta, paired with the simple cream sauce (which BTW actually has no cream in it) and the veggies were exactly what I was hoping it would be. And don’t skip that basil on top – it adds so much!
And as if that’s not reason enough, I think it’s worth mentioning that Lars devoured this pasta! He’s been a little picky lately when it comes to eating anything other than blueberries, so I did a little happy dance when he was shoveling this in. It felt like a mom-win and I’ll take those whenever I can.
Tools I use for this recipe:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 16 ounces whole wheat angelhair or spaghetti pasta
- 3 cobs sweet corn kernels cut from the cob
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk I used whole milk
- juice from 1 lemon
- 5 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil for topping
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until browned on all sides. It's okay if the chicken isn't cooked through.
- Add pasta, corn, tomatoes, zucchini, chicken broth, and milk.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer, pushing pasta so it is submerged under the broth.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is softened and the broth/milk mixture is mostly absorbed.
- Add lemon juice and Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with fresh basil.