One Pan Dijon Herb Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is a super simple and delicious healthy dinner. The sausage and vegetables are tossed in a light dijon dressing and roasted to perfection. Served with a side of couscous, quinoa, or a salad and dinner is saved!
Sometimes I feel like I think way too hard about what to make for dinner. As a food blogger I love trying new things, and have an endless (seriously, ENDLESS) list of recipes I want to try or develop. So, not only do I overthink things, but I also am completely indecisive. Enter: One Pan Dijon Herb Chicken Sausage and Vegetables.
Today, however, let’s keep it simple. We have a protein, and we have veggies. You can add some sort of carb if you want (and I don’t blame you if you do), while the meat and veggies are cooking. I like those little boxes couscous or orzo that come seasoned and are crazy easy!
Basically what we have here with this One Pan Dijon Herb Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is super basic and SUPER tasty. It’s chicken sausage and a bunch of veggies that all get tossed in a flavorful dijon vinaigrette, and ro¿asted to crispy veggie perfection. It’s all the taste that I want my dinner to be, without any of the fuss.
While I used chicken sausage (the roasted garlic chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s is great in this!) you can really use any kind of sausage that you prefer, as long as it’s pre-cooked. Whether it’s pork sausage, kielbasa, or whatever, it will work.
My whole family loved this One Pan Dijon Herb Chicken Sausage and Vegetables! We had it with a side salad, but like I said, I think a side of rice, couscous, pasta, or quinoa would be great too. Bonus: only three dishes to clean up – the cutting board, the knife, and the baking sheet! It’s a weeknight dinner miracle.
- 12 ounces chicken sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- ~ 4 cups chopped broccoli florets I used a 12 ounce bag of pre-cut broccoli
- ~4 cups chopped cauliflower florets I used a 12 ounce bag of pre-cut cauliflower
- 1 red onion cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread chicken sausage, sweet potato, broccoli cauliflower, and red onion evenly between two foil-lined baking sheets.
- In a mason jar, combine olive oil, dijon, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Put lid on jar and shake well until combined.
- Drizzle evenly over two baking sheets and using a spoon or your hands, toss veggies and chicken sausage so they are coated with olive oil mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring and rotating pans after 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!