This oatmeal recipe is one that I’ve been making for YEARS, yet never really thought to share it with you. I wasn’t hiding it or keeping it from you on purpose, I just kind of thought “Eh. It’s just my everyday typical oatmeal. These bright people know how to make oatmeal.”
But then I had the idea to add a blueberry cream cheese swirl to the oatmeal and then I tried it and was like “OMG THEY NEED THIS RECIPE.” This cream cheese swirl is everything, you guys. It’s sweet, tangy, and bursting with blueberry flavor and takes your oatmeal from here (waist level) to HERE (way above your head level).
I know the blueberry cream cheese swirl might sound indulgent, but it’s really quite healthy. It’s made with GO Veggie! Cream Cheese which is dairy, gluten, lactose, and cholesterol free and has less calories and more calcium than regular cream cheese. The swirl is simply made with fresh blueberries and naturally sweetened with a spoonful of honey.
It’s really super simple, and such a fun way to jazz up your morning oatmeal. The recipe for oatmeal makes two servings but could easily be halved or doubled, and the recipe for the cream cheese swirl makes more than two servings, but would make it really easy to add to your daily oatmeal, without having to whip up a new batch every morning. Genius, right?
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
Blueberry Oat Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups milk I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup GO Veggie! Plain Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- additional fresh blueberries for topping
- In small food processor, combine cream cheese, blueberries, and honey. Set aside.
- In small pot, combine oats, milk, salt, vanilla extract and honey over medium low heat.
- Stirr often for about 7-10 minutes until mixture starts getting thick.
- Remove from heat and divide between two bowls.
- Top with a couple of spoonfuls of blueberry cream cheese mixture and additional blueberries.
Tried this recipe?Mention @greensnchocolate to let me know!
Need more ideas?Find all of my recipe pins @greenschocolate