***6/27/17 Note: this post for Monster Cookies has been updated with new photos and a fun video! The post content remains the same, so it may be outdated!
If you are looking for a recipe for monster cookies to take to a large group of people, this monster cookie recipe is the recipe for you.
Not only does this recipe make a TON of cookies, there’s a little something in them for everyone. They’ve got peanut butter, butterscotch, chocolate chips, and m&m’s…how could they be bad??
I have made these monster cookies so many times and every time I get rave reviews of them. They are meant to be made large, and unlike some other monster cookie recipes, they stay chewy for days.
The best part about these monster cookies is they can be made festive for any holiday M&M’s decide to come out with their special colors. I have made them for Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, and now 4th of July! These would be especially fun to make for St. Paddy’s day with the new green m&ms.
Just make sure if you bring them for a group you bring along a few copies of the recipe…you will be asked for it!
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter not natural, crunchy or creamy...your choice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats I have used quick oats and they also work just fine!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup m&ms
- Line 2 pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl with an electric mixer combine melted butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar, and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add vanilla, corn syrup, salt and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Mix in flour and oats until well combined.
- With wooden spoon or spatula, mix in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and m&ms. Warning: you will get an arm workout doing this!
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cup balls onto baking pans...these might seem big but they aren't called monster cookies for nothing!
- Flatten cookies slightly and top with a couple more M&M's if desired.
- Bake 14-15 minutes, until they are light golden brown. They will seem underdone but you do not want to overbake them! They will set up as they cool.
- Let them cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in airtight container. These also freeze well!