Mint Chocolate M&M Cookies are a fun, easy, and festive Christmas cookie with a secret ingredient – pudding mix! They are great for cookie swaps and holiday parties.
Are we ready to get on the Christmas cookie train?! I’ve been baking Christmas cookies for a couple of weeks now and I can’t say I’m mad about it!
To be honest though, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. Like, it’s so dang delicious but all that butter and sugar isn’t doing anything to keep me fitting in my pants y’know? On top of that, this year we are going to Mexico in January. Like, I’ll be in a swimsuit two weeks after Christmas.
Oh well. I can’t not live my best life and deprive myself of cookies. Maybe I’ll just be rocking my mom-suit on the beach. There are worse things to worry about.
I was going to say that I wanted to start off my Christmas cookie posting with an amazing recipe but truth is – ALL of the recipes that I’ve tested so far are freaking delicious! I really couldn’t pick a favorite.
Mint Chocolate M&M Cookies Secret Ingredient
If I did have to, these Mint Chocolate M&M Cookies would definitely be wayyyyyy up there. They are everything I love about cookies – a little chewy on the outside, soft in the middle, and of course a ton of chocolate.
I used the base of my Peppermint Bark Chocolate Pudding Cookies for this recipe, which uses a secret ingredient – pudding mix! Also, instead of peppermint bark, I added Mint M&M’s. I seriously loved the flavor that the M&M’s gave to these cookies, and of course how festive they make them look!
Mint Chocolate M&M Cookies Are Freezer Friendly
These Mint Chocolate M&M Cookies would be great for a cookie swap. They hold up great, are festive looking, and EASY. So. easy. They also freeze well! Because yes, if you’re wondering what I’m doing with all of these cookies that I’ve been making the answer is – the freezer! Marc and I both eat one (or two…three…) and then throw the rest in the freezer.
Looking for other Christmas baking recipes? Check these out!
Mint Chocolate M&M CookiesPrint Rate
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding mix dry
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups Mint Chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar with electric mixer until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the pudding mix and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the baking soda and flour and mix until well combined.
- Fold in mint M&M's.
- Drop approximately 2 tablespoon sized dough balls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes. The edges should be set but the middles will still be soft. They will set up when cooling.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.