Words I would use to describe this recipe? Simple. Easy. Fresh. Healthy. Fast. Delicious.
Word Marc used to describe this meal? Extraordinary. And one of the best meals he’s had in a long time.
I never would have guessed that he would ever think this way about vegetables and fish, but I guess that just tells you something about these salmon skewers. Like I mentioned, making them was so quick and easy to prepare. Just slice up some vegetables, which really can be any of your favorites, cube a couple of salmon filets, marinate and grill. These are perfect for a fast weeknight meal but would also be great to prepare ahead of time for some summer entertaining. I don’t like to be dramatic or bossy but if there’s one grilling recipe you try this summer (though there should be more than one!) this should be it.
- 2 salmon filets skin removed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 zucchini cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper de-seeded and cut into chunks
- In bowl large enough to fit salmon, combine the oregano, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir thoroughly.
- Toss salmon and vegetables in marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes, place salmon and vegetables onto 2-4 skewers, depending on the size of your skewers.
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them prior to use.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place skewers on grill and let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Brush with more marinade if you have some.
- Turn over and cook another 4-5 minutes.