Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars are a fun St. Patrick’s Day dessert!
Rice Krispie Bars were one of the very first desserts I learned to make myself. Until I started this blog, my Rice Krispie Bars were very simple. Rice Krispies. Butter. Marshmallows. Melt, mix, and press into the pan.
Since I’ve had my blog, I’ve had fun putting different spins on the classic bars, like my S’Mores Rice Krispies, Brown Butter S’Mores Stuffed Rice Krispies, Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispies, Candy Corn and Peanut Rice Krispies, Puppy Chow Rice Krispie Bites, and White Chocolate and Candied Peanut Rice Krispie Bars.
This time for these Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars, I simply swapped Lucky Charms in my favorite recipe for classic rice krispie bars. Super simple and super fun!
My ideal rice krispie bar has a very high marshmallow to cereal ratio. I like them as gooey as possible. I also like them thick, so I make these in a 9×9″ baking dish. If you like them on the thinner side, put them in a 9×13″ baking dish.
If you need a quick and simple St. Patty’s Day dessert, these are for you!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease a 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium pot, melt butter.
- Once melted, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Combine marshmallow mixture and Lucky charms in a large bowl, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Press into prepared baking dish and let cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- *Note: Keep these in an airtight container. If they become hard, put them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and this should soften them right up!