Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars are a fun St. Patrick’s Day dessert made with three simple ingredients!
Rice Krispie Bars were one of the very first desserts I learned to make myself. Until I started this blog, my Rice Krispie Bars were very simple. Rice Krispies. Butter. Marshmallows. Melt, mix, and press into the pan.
Since I’ve had my blog, I’ve had fun putting different spins on the classic bars, like my S’Mores Rice Krispies, Brown Butter S’Mores Stuffed Rice Krispies, Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispies, Candy Corn and Peanut Rice Krispies, Puppy Chow Rice Krispie Bites, and White Chocolate and Candied Peanut Rice Krispie Bars.
How to Make Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars
This time for these Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars, I simply swapped Lucky Charms in my favorite recipe for classic rice krispie bars. You start by melting together marshmallows and butter. I like doing this on the stovetop in a large pot.
Next, you’ll add the Lucky Charms and stir until its one big gooey mixture. Try to contain yourself and not eat all of it! Then press the mixture into a greased pan. That’s it. Super simple and super fun!
Thick Vs. Thin Marshmallow Bars
My ideal rice krispie bar has a very high marshmallow to cereal ratio. I like them as gooey as possible. I also like them thick, so I make these in a 9×9″ baking dish. If you like them on the thinner side, put them in a 9×13″ baking dish.
If you need a quick and simple St. Patty’s Day dessert, these Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars are for you!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease a 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium pot, melt butter.
- Once melted, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Combine marshmallow mixture and Lucky charms in a large bowl, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Press into prepared baking dish and let cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- *Note: Keep these in an airtight container. If they become hard, put them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and this should soften them right up!