- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons juiced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add spaghetti.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- After pasta has been cooking for about 5 minutes, add the lemon juice, 1/2 cup of water from the pasta, and the cream, and increase the heat to medium to bring the sauce to a bubble.
- Add the lemon zest and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta once it has finished cooking and add to pan with cream, and turn off the heat.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and 1/4 cup of the parsley for a minute or 2, allowing it time to soak up the sauce.
- To serve, top with remaining parsley and remaining cheese.