To go along with our Strawberry Whiskey Sours, Marc and I decided to go the easy route and pick up some burgers and “Grandma’s potato salad” from a local butcher for dinner. While this would’ve been plenty for our meal, I felt like our meal needed a little bit of green on the side. Plus with our wine tasting, our day had been heavy on the meat, cheese, and wine, without a single veggie to be found. I also had a big bunch of kale begging to be used. It was the perfect trifecta for this grilled kale to be born.
This recipe is super simple, consisting of a lemony, cumin-spiced garlic dressing that is massaged into the kale leaves. On the grill, the kale gets crispy like kale chips, along with a smoky grill flavor that you wouldn’t get in the oven. I actually made the salad long before we were ready to start grilling which made the last step of grilling is a breeze.
I loved this simple yet unique way to cook kale. It’s simple, easy, healthy, and delicious. If you’re a fan of kale (which you might remember is a superfood!) you will definitely love it as well.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
smoky lemon garlic grilled kalePrint Rate
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly shaved Parmesan cheese for topping
- Remove kale from stems and chop into large pieces.
- In small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Pour over kale, then toss or massage with hands so it is evenly distributed.
- Place in mesh grill pan and grill over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until kale starts to get crispy and charred.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.