Lemon Blueberry Pancakes are fluffy, lemon-scented pancakes studded with fresh blueberries!
There’s something about a weekend morning that calls for a batch of pancakes on the griddle. While Sunday mornings are anything but slow and relaxing in a household with three young kids, the ritual of flipping pancakes with a baby on my hip and cup of coffee on the counter still gives the morning a peaceful feeling. Bonus if they’re Lemon Blueberry Pancakes!
I typically make my tried and true Vanilla Yogurt Pancake recipe, but when the ice starts to thaw and the birds start chirping, I get a craving for my Lemon Blueberry Pancakes. There’s something about the brightness from the lemon zest and the burst of flavor from ripe blueberries that matches the fresh new season of spring.
Ingredients In Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
This lemon pancake recipe is quite simple, with no fancy ingredients that you wouldn’t typically find in your pantry. There’s flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt combined with milk, egg, butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. The blueberries are plopped on after the lemon pancake batter goes on the griddle. Simple and easy ingredients!
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
As I’ve mentioned, these are really easy to whip up! To start, you’ll whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, add the milk, egg, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk until well combined. Add the milk/egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until just combined. Try to avoid overmixing!
Once the batter is made, preheat your griddle to medium heat. Add a little oil or cooking spray and then 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Sprinkle a handful of blueberries on the batter and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the top. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. That’s it!
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes are perfect for a spring morning breakfast or brunch. They are melt-in-your-mouth soft, they’re perfectly fluffy, and you’ll love that bit of brightness from the lemon. They were delicious served with maple syrup but powdered sugar, lemon curd, whipped cream, or fruit preserves would also be wonderful!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- vegetable oil, as needed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1-2 tsp of vegetable oil to the skillet. Once warm, add ¼ cup of the batter to the griddle and sprinkle with a few blueberries on each pancake.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles form in the batter.
- Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter.
- Serve topped with additional blueberries and maple syrup.