Ahhh Friday. So glad you’re here! I can’t complain about my week but I sure am glad it’s the weekend. My mom is coming to visit which means girl time, likely some shopping, feeling some baby kicks, and of course lots of good food. That’s what the weekend is for, right?
This Kale and Artichoke Dip is the perfect way to celebrate a few days off work. I mean, there’s cheese upon cheese, which can only mean good things, I’m certain. Plus, I’m a sucker for any warm and gooey dip and this definitely fits that bill. And since it has kale, it’s practically health food. Or at least, let’s just tell ourselves that.
Not only does the kale amp up the nutritional stats, but this bad boy is made with GO Veggie! dairy-free cream cheese and lactose-free Mozzarella cheese which both have as much protein and more calcium than regular cheese, and is lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol. The amazing thing is that even though it’s made with GO Veggie! cheese, you wouldn’t know the difference. You could make it with normal dairy cheese if you’d like, too.
So pull up a chair, grab a handful (or heck, the entire bag) of pita chips, and dig in! And tell me – what are you up to this weekend?
Kale and Artichoke DipPrint Pin Rate
- 8 ounces GO Veggie! Plain Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup milk plain almond milk, cows milk, etc
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 3 cups kale uncooked, roughly chopped
- 8 oz jar/can artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray small (I used 6x4") baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, milk, garlic powder, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, then add kale. Cook for 1 minute, then strain and run under very cold water for 30 seconds.
- Finely chop the kale and dab with a paper towel to remove all excess liquid.
- Stir kale and artichoke hearts into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread into prepared baking dish, then top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until mixture is bubbling and cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with pita chips or sliced bread.