I promised you another savory zucchini recipe and I’m here to deliver! Today I’m stuffing zucchini boats with delicious things like cream cheese, jalapeños, chicken, and CHEESE.
Also, more good news: I’ll be posting THREE new recipes a week from now on through the winter! Well, fingers crossed that I will be. I scaled it back a little this summer, because lets face it. People aren’t sitting around on their computers looking up recipes as much in the summer as in the fall and winter months.
But now that fall is slowly approaching, I figured I’d start to ramp it up again. Also, because I realized I actually have a bunch more summer recipes to share still, along with a few new fall recipes!
And for that “fingers crossed” part of posting three recipes a week, that’s assuming I get all the work done that I want to get done pre-baby #2. I want to give myself a few weeks “off” recipe development after the baby comes, which means I need to be cooking, baking, and creating my heart out the next week of months.
Anyways. Back to these jalapeno popper stuffed zucchini boats! Last year I made Buffalo Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Boats which were SO delicious that this year I couldn’t wait until zucchini season to make them again. Once I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about all of the other things I could stuff in zucchini boats. Jalapeño Popper filling was the first thing I wanted to try and – spoiler alert – they are TASTY!
Oh and did I mention these Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Zucchini Boats are super easy? Just mix together the filling, stuff it into your zucchini boats, and bake! Dinner. Is. Served.
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Zucchini Boats
There are a few things I should mention before you jet off to make this recipe. First, scoop out as much of the zucchini insides as you can while keeping them sturdy enough to hold the filling. If you think your zucchini might be tippy, cut a little off the backside to create a flat spot that it can sit on while baking.
Also, this recipe can serve 2-4 people. If you want these zucchini boats to be the main portion of your meal, I would say 2 boats (so 1 zucchini) per person, serving 2 people. If you’re planning to serve a couple of side dishes like a big salad and some bread along with these zucchini boats, you could get by with 1 boat per person. This recipe is very easily doubled or tripled. That’s it – I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed ZucchiniPrint Rate
- 2 large zucchinis
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 chicken breast halves cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the inside with a spoon. You want to scoop out enough so you can fit your filling in, while keeping the sides sturdy enough.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, jalapeño, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, chicken breast halves and garlic salt until well combined.
- Spoon filling into zucchini boats.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and zucchini is softened.
- Serve topped with green onions.