Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is an easy and the most delicious white chicken chili recipe that you will ever have!
I’ve been making white chicken chili for years now, but never have I felt it was good enough to share on here. Until…now! When Marc tried it he asked “have you blogged about this before? You need to!” I am absolutely obsessed with this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe and cannot wait for you to make it.
I made this recipe as part of my freezer meal prep with my sister-in-law, so not only is it great to make the day you cook it, but you can also prep all of the ingredients, put them in a freezer bag, and save them for when you get the hankering for white chicken chili! P.s. I have the instructions for making this a freezer meal in the recipe!
Ingredients in Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Diced Green Chiles
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
This recipe for white chicken chili in the Instant Pot is super easy. To start, you put the chicken, onion, garlic, beans, green chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and chicken broth in the Instant Pot. Cook it on high for 20 minutes.
Next, you’ll shred the chicken breasts, and return them to the pot. The next part is crucial in making sure this chili is super creamy. The recipe calls for you to take 1 cup of the broth out of the Instant Pot and put it in a bowl, and mix in the Greek yogurt. This ensures the yogurt doesn’t curdle and becomes nice and creamy. Just trust me on this one – it’s worth the extra minute of work!
After stirring in the broth/Greek yogurt mixture, the cheese gets stirred in until all melted.
This creamy chicken chili is best served with avocado, diced green onion, a dollop of Greek yogurt, and shredded cheese! You could also sprinkle some cilantro and some diced jalapeno too, if you’re feeling it.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14 ounce can Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 8 ounces diced green chiles
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper more or less to spice preference
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt plus more for topping
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- 1 avocado sliced, for topping
- green onions diced, for topping
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, beans, corn, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and chicken broth to Instant Pot.
- Close lid on Instant Pot and seal pressure valve.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes of cooking, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, and then release the rest manually.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the soup and shred with two forks. Return to the pot.
- Transfer 1 cup of the liquid to a bowl. Stir in the Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Pour broth/yogurt mixture back into the Instant Pot, stirring well.
- Add the cheese, stirring until melted. The heat from the soup should melt it, but you can also turn the saute function on to speed up this step. Be sure to stir continuously, so the bottom does not burn if you turn saute function on.
- Serve topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt, diced green onions, shredded cheese, and sliced avocado.