Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles are a super easy and flavorful dinner with chicken, bell peppers, coconut milk, peanut butter, and Thai flavors! It will definitely be a family favorite!
If there’s one meal I know my kids will ALWAYS eat, it’s peanut noodles. They go crazy for my Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles – they love slurping them up! It’s a win-win because I love them too. I was looking for a way to make their peanut noodles even easier and have been working on this Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles recipe for months now.
This recipe is so easy and fast to make. If you have peanut noodle lovers in your family, you have to try this one!
Ingredients in Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles
Red Bell Pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles
To start making these peanut noodles in the Instant Pot, turn the Instant Pot onto the saute function. Add some olive oil along with the red bell pepper and diced chicken breast. Cook them for about 5 minutes – just long enough for the bell peppers to slightly soften and the chicken to brown a little on each side. They don’t need to be fully cooked! After about 5 minutes, add the ginger, garlic, and green onion and cook for another minute.
While they are cooking, add the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and Sriracha to a small food processor and blend until pureed. Add the sauce to the Instant Pot, and stir to combine. Next add the spaghetti noodles on top, and then the chicken broth on top. I like to break my noodles in half to make them easier to lay flat in my Instant Pot. Gently press the noodles down to submerge them in the liquid. They should still be lying on top, otherwise you risk the “Burn” notice going off.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and secure the valve. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes and then carefully release the pressure valve to let all of the steam out. The noodles might be a little stuck together but don’t worry – a simple stir will get them apart. In addition, the dish is pretty saucy – that’s how I like it! It will thicken up as it sits so let it sit with the lid open for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve the Thai Peanut noodles topped with fresh cilantro, chopped green onions, and chopped peanuts!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- chopped peanut, chopped cilantro and green onions, for topping
- Turn Instant Pot to saute function.
- Add the olive oil, red bell pepper, and chicken pieces, and cook until bell pepper has softened and the chicken is browned. It does not need to be cooked all of the way through.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions, and cook another minute.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- In a small food processor, add peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and Sriracha and pulse until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Lay the spaghetti noodles on top of the contents in the Instant Pot and then add the chicken broth. Press the noodles down to slightly submerge in the liquid, but don't stir completely. You still want the noodles at the top, otherwise you may get the "Burn" notice from the Instant Pot while it's cooking.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, seal the vent, and cook on HIGH pressure for 6 minutes.
- Release the pressure immediately.
- Stir to combine completely. The noodles will be "saucy" and will thicken up if you let them sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and green onion.