Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta is a super easy and fun way to enjoy the flavors of buffalo chicken!
Buffalo Chicken is one of my favorite flavors to play around with in the kitchen, but the frequency has definitely slowed down the past couple of years. My kids are especially sensitive to spicy things, so buffalo chicken isn’t really a dinner option for us. However, I had an idea for this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta and just couldn’t pass it up.
I’m glad I didn’t because not only is this Instant Pot pasta delicious, but it’s SO easy! It’s no secret that I’m a fan of my Instant Pot, but I love it even more now that I can make pasta in it!
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
This recipe starts by browning the chicken in the Instant Pot with a little olive oil. The chicken doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through, as it will continue cooking during the pressure cooker time. When the chicken is browned, you simply add the chicken broth, milk, hot sauce, pasta, and cream cheese. It’s important at this point not to stir. This will prevent the “Burn” notice from happening, as you want the liquid on the bottom.
The mixture is cooked on High pressure for 5 minutes, and then the pressure is released quickly. Releasing the pressure on an Instant Pot is always a little stressful to me, so I make sure to place a towel on top of the vent, and I use the back of a spatula to tap the valve to slowly open it.
The last step is to stir it all together, along with shredded cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. The heat from the pasta will melt it all together and it will be perfectly creamy and cheesy!
I topped it all off with some blue cheese crumbles and diced green onions and these two garnishes totally made the dish even more like buffalo chicken wings!
I’m actually not too sad that my kids won’t eat buffalo chicken because that means more of this pasta just for me!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Taste and Tell
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup hot sauce such as Frank's
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces cream cheese diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- blue cheese crumbles, for topping
- diced green onion, for topping
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute/brown function.
- Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until browned. It does not need to be cooked all the way through.
- Turn the saute/brown function off.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, hot sauce, pasta, and cream cheese, in that order. Don't stir.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release of pressure, which means to immediately turn the pressure valve to open to release the steam. BE CAREFUL doing this and do it slowly. I like to place a kitchen towel over the valve so the steam does not go straight to the ceiling or cabinets.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add the cheddar cheese and ranch dressing, stirring well to combine.
- Serve topped with blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onion.