Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts are the only brussels sprout recipe you’ll ever need! They are sweet, caramelized, and absolutely irresistible!
Brussels sprouts are, hands down, my favorite vegetable. They’ve always been my favorite – even as a kid. My grandparents used to steam them and slather butter on them and I couldn’t get enough of them! Yeah, I was a weird kid.
These days, my favorite way to cook brussels sprouts is to roast them so they get nice and crispy. As you can see from the photos, I like my brussels sprouts EXTRA crispy. I get them crispy by roasting htem at a fairly high temperature, 425 degrees F, and tossing them in a decent amount of olive oil.
To get flavor, I added honey, garlic, and balsamic vinegar to these b.sprouts!
Ingredients in Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts – fresh are absolutely the best for roasting! I cut the end off of mine and then cut them in half when I roast them.
Olive Oil – this is what helps them crisp up in the oven.
Balsamic Vinegar – this lends a little bit of acidity to the brussels sprouts, along with helping them caramelize.
Honey – just a tablespoon for a hint of sweetness.
Garlic – because, I just love it!
Salt and Pepper – obviously.
I’m not sure why it has taken me so long to share this recipe with you guys, because I’ve been making it, or some variation of it, for years. It’s so easy and simple, and uses pantry staples which means I always have what I need to make them.
While my husband and I go crazy over these brussels sprouts, my kids are still learning to love them. I will say, however, they love the crispy little leaves the most! They also love them the most when they have a ton of flavor, so when it come to brussels sprouts, these Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts are my best chance at getting them to eat them!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple, Bacon, and Pecans from Once Upon a Chef
Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels SproutsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2-2 lbs brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Optional: line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. This cuts down on clean-up.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the brussels sprouts in all but 1 tablespoon of the honey balsamic mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until they are caramelized and tender. I like my brussels sprouts on the crispier side, so I roast mine closer to 25 minutes.
- Brush the roasted brussels sprouts with the remaining honey balsamic mixture. Serve and enjoy!