Healthy Orange Carrot Oatmeal Muffins make enjoying veggies simple to do! Loaded with good-for-you ingredients, like shredded carrot, yogurt, oatmeal, and only sweetened with a little maple syrup and orange juice, these muffins are perfect for any day of the week. They are naturally gluten-free and lower in sugar! Kids love em, and they make a fun snack to bake together!
Hi! I’m Heather!
My name is Heather Englund, and I am the lady behind the real food blog Fit Mama Real Food. I’m a mom to four little kiddos, wife, group fitness instructor, food blogger and I also create monthly meal plans for my membership community, Fit Mama Meal Plans.
On my blog, you will find hundreds of healthy real food recipes. Everything from easy family dinners, to naturally sweetened desserts, to quick breakfast recipes that can be easily prepped ahead…like these Healthy Orange Carrot Oatmeal Muffins!
What makes these muffins a healthier choice?
My love for naturally sweetened treats all started when I made my oldest child’s first birthday cake – a no sugar healthy smash cake. It is sweetened with only banana, tasted like a treat and that got me hooked on changing up how I sweeten desserts!
If you’re down for that, then you will love these.
These healthy orange carrot oatmeal muffins are lower in sugar (just a little maple syrup and orange juice), higher in fiber (thank you whole oats!), and packed with veggies (loads of carrots).
While they are healthy, no one is going to be saying that. They’ll just love all the flavor! If you love add-ins, I’ve listed some fun ideas below for you to try.
Orange Carrot Muffin add-ins
While these muffins are perfectly delicious on their own, sometimes it’s fun to mix it up. Here are some add-in ideas:
- ½ cup raisin, craisins, or diced dried apples
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded coconut in the batter and ¼ cup sprinkled on the tops before baking
A big thanks to Taylor for swapping with me today to share this family favorite recipe with you all! Head to my blog to check out her easy vegetable beef soup!
Like this recipe? Check these out from greens & chocolate!
Healthy Orange Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/2 cup plain full fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a regular muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Whisk the yogurt, egg, maple syrup orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the oat flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and sea salt into the bowl and mix.
- Stir in the shredded carrot.
- Scoop the batter using around ¼ cup into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.