Last week I talked about the brilliance of open faced sandwiches to the new mom (dats meeee!) with only one hand to spare because she’s always holding her baby and guess what! I found another one hander meal: the quesadilla!
Quesadillas are almost easier to one-hand because you don’t have to make sure anything is going to fall off the top. Everything’s already squished together between two tortillas, all nice and melty.
While I originally was going to make a plain ‘ol ham and cheddar quesadilla, I decided to get all fancy like and add apples and a little schmear of Dijon mustard.
I used my favorite GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds which melted just perfectly in my quesadilla and also saved me a bunch of calories, fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol which means I can have more chocolate for dessert. Winning.
- 4 6 " tortillas
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 6 oz thinly sliced ham approximately 6 slices
- 1 cup GO Veggie! Cheddar shreds or shredded cheddar cheese
- canola or olive oil for greasing skillet.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard on each tortilla.
- Top two of the tortillas with 3 slices of ham, apple slices, and cheddar cheese, then top with remaining tortillas.
- Preheat griddle or large skillet to medium-high heat. Grease with olive or canola oil. I do this by pouring approximately a tablespoon of oil onto my skillet/griddle, and then spreading it out lightly with a paper towel, so there is just a thin layer of oil on the surface.
- Place on greased griddle.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, and then flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Cut into triangles.
- Serve and enjoy!