Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls with Basil Avocado Sauce are an easy and delicious vegetarian meal! The sauce is even vegan!
This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods, but all opinions and recipe are my own. Thank you for allowing me to share the brands that I love with you!
If I could push a pause or slow-motion button on this past week, I totally would. The boys and I have been in Iowa to visit my family and I always feel like our time back in my home state goes way too fast. Even though we have nine days of visiting, it just doesn’t feel like enough.
Minnesota – Iowa
I love everything about summertime in Iowa. I love the corn popping up in the fields, the hot summer days, afternoons boating out on the lake, fishing off the dock, and nights out on the patio listening to the cicadas. In fact, I think Minnesota takes the cake on autumn, but Iowa wins in the summer.
Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls with Basil Avocado Sauce
I made these Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls with Basil Avocado Sauce for the second time this week while back in Iowa. And they’ve proved to be great as a main dish and a side dish. The first time I made them, we had them in bowls, like you see in the photos, as a vegetarian main dish. The second time, however, they were more of a side dish to go alongside grilled flank steak. They worked great both ways!
As in all bowl meals, the sauce is key here. This sauce is completely vegan, as it’s made creamy with avocado and Pacific Foods Unsweetened Cashew Original Non-Dairy Beverage.
Not only is the Pacific Foods Unsweetened Cashew Original Non-Dairy Beverage delicious tasting but I love that it’s full of carefully sourced and simple ingredients!
Along with the cashew beverage, there’s basil, avocado, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red wine vinegar. I feel like basil is the flavor of summer so this sauce is bursting with summer flavor!
For the Avocado Basil Sauce:
- 1 avocado pit and peel removed
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Pacific Unsweetened Original Cashew Non-Dairy Beverage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the quinoa:
- 1 cup of quinoa
For the vegetables:
- 1 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed, and sliced
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash halved lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
Make the avocado basil sauce:
- Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree. Set aside.
Make the quinoa:
- Add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a small pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook until quinoa is fluffy, about 15-20 minutes.
Grill the vegetables:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place all the vegetables in a grill pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place veggies on the preheated grill.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and cooked to your liking. I like my veggies a little on the crispier side so I cooked closer to 20 minutes.
- Assemble your bowls by dividing the quinoa among four bowls.
- Top with veggies and sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER:
Click the image below to pin this Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls with Basil Avocado Sauce recipe to your Pinterest board: